One of the world's best airports, the Singapore Changi Airport offers
unparalleled service and facilities at its two Terminals.
Singapore Changi International Airport is about 20 km away from the city and it takes about 30 minutes to get to the centre of the city. It can be easily accessed by car, taxi, bus and train. The airport consists of 2 terminals. Currently a third terminal is under construction. This is estimated to be ready by 2006. There is a free Sky Train service that plies between the 2 terminals.
Open all day, the airport services all major airlines, from destinations around the world. For instance, Singapore Airport is a major stop over from Europe to Australia. Facilities include money exchange, duty free shopping facilities, conference and meeting room facilities and car hire. There are plenty of shops, restaurants and caf?to dine in while waiting for flights. This airport has been voted Number 1 airport in the world a number of times. Be sure to take time to shop around before leaving. For those in transit for long period, there is a hotel in both terminals allowing you to catch up on your sleep and helping with the jet lag.
- Facilities available at Singapore Changi Airport include:
73 transit hotel rooms in Terminal 1 and 73 in Terminal 2.
in six-hourly blocks range between SGD 56 and SGD 64 for single or
- Showers, gym and sauna facilities are also
available at extra cost for non-transit hotel occupants.
- Business Centres in both terminals
- Internet Centres in both terminals
- PC connection points and wireless internet access services in both
- Fitness Centre in Terminal 1
- A rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi in Terminal 1
- Ramps, elevators, specially-designed toilets and telephones for
- Postal and telecommunications offices
- Over 100 tax-free shops
- Over 30 food and beverage outlets in both terminals serving a wide
range of cuisine
- 24-hour medical centre in Terminal 2
- Children's Play Area for the kids in Terminal 1
- Free Singapore tours for transit and transfer passengers who have
more than five hours to spare before their next connecting flight.
The tours operate from 1000 hrs to 1900 hrs (last booking is at 1830
- A Skytrain for passengers commuting between the two terminals.
- This free service runs from 0600 hrs to 0100 hrs and takes less than
- Nurseries with private feeding rooms
- Smoking rooms with separate ventilation systems in both terminals
- Car hire and hotel reservation counters, hair salons, medical
clinics and a 24-hour minimart
- French-speaking and Japanese-speaking customer service officers at
the information counters
- Ten airlines currently operate from Terminal 2. They are Air
Canada, Air France, Air New Zealand, Lufthansa German Airlines,
Malaysia Airline System, Philippine Airlines, Royal Brunei Airlines,
SilkAir, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic Airways. All other
carriers operate from Terminal 1
- Baggage Storage: Both terminals provide baggage storage services
at their departure and arrival halls.